Are you ready to hear more about the Pineapple Blossom quilt I've been working on after seeing the sneak peeks I have been posting? This started as a block swap last year with a group of friends. I ended up with 24 blocks but wanted to make a bigger quilt instead. It turned out to be much bigger! You've already seen the stack of blocks and some of them on the design wall. I wanted the quilt to look really scrappy and really random so I just threw the blocks in a big pile on the floor, pulled them one by one from the pile.....
.....and started sewing them into rows. I used 121 blocks (that means there are 1,573 pieces in this quilt!) in order to make it big enough for a king size bed.
I had to lay it out on my patio to get a picture of it because there was no place else it fit.
My friend Angela at Quilted Joy is going to quilt it for me. She does amazing work so I know it will be beautiful.
The corner triangles that were cut off to remove bulk will go to another friend, Wendy, so she can make a "something from nothing" quilt. There are a LOT of them!
I know whatever she makes it will be very scrappy!
Making Motions with Sidewalk Chalk
6 days ago