Sunday, June 17, 2012

Searching for Inspiration (Or WHERE has my mojo gone??)



This week it was brought to my attention by my #1 Fan (that would be you, Faye) that I have not blogged in three months.  Well, that is because I have not been in my sewing room in 3 months.  I have completely lost my mojo!  Or maybe I have just been busy with other things.........


Being near my grandchildren has had a serious effect on how much time I spend sewing.  But I am having a great time! 


In March Hubby and I took our grandsons to see The Harlem Globetrotters.  


























We also went to Seattle to visit our son for a few days in March.  I was able to visit a few quilt shops while we were there.  This one was Esther's Fabrics on Bainbridge Island.  Of course I HAD to buy something so I got fabric to make pillowcases for Children's Hospital in St. Louis.  










In April I went to the AQS Quilt Show in Paducah and this is ALL I bought!  I didn't even break out the credit card.  
















One day when the boys were here I taught Gavin how to bake bread.  He LOVES kneading dough!!      


























We've been to Aidan's ball games........


























.......and Noah's ball games.








We get to take the boys out to eat once in a while....
























....and to the park.                           
























I did a lot of volunteering in the boys' classrooms.  That was SO much fun!  And I got to see Gavin's Chorus performance....
























....and Aidan's Kindergarten program.




















Now that school is out we have been to the pool a few times, too.
























I am worn out just writing about everything that has been keeping me from my sewing room!  



SO!  I am leaving in the morning for a quilting retreat with some very special friends.  I have projects cut out and ready to go.  I will have no excuses if I don't get any sewing done this week!  Hopefully, I will have something quilty to blog about when I get back.  (But, really, doesn't it look like I've been having fun!?!?!?)

6 comments:

Mimi said...

Yes, I will admit you look like you have been having a great time. I am so happy that you are near your grandkids now. I don't know what I would do if I wasn't. So, I guess I can't begrudge you being so busy and not getting into your sewing room....but....you do need some YOU time and hopefully you will get lots of that this week. See you soon, your #1 fan.....Me!!!

Dar said...

You absolutely look like you are having fun!! I'm worn out just reading about all the things you did. I noticed too that you had not blogged for a long time, but I was just too kind to mention it to you!!! :) Looking forward to seeing you in St.L. Another of your "special friends". :)

Heather said...

You have been obviously having a great time with the grandkids! Great pictures Sandy! Have fun at the retreat!

Gloria said...

Lots of Grandson fun, for sure! Hope your retreat is just as fun, relaxing & productive. Looking forward to the photos... Love you.

Barb's Cats and Quilts said...

It was so great to see you again today. I'm glad you're having fun with the family, but please get in your studio and sew. The retreat should be a good start for those creative juices. See you in Nov.

Mimi said...

#1 fan here....tap..tap...tap.... I know you have plenty to talk about. you spent days with me!!!