Sunday, October 7, 2012

Playing Catch Up

One would think that I went from losing my sewing mojo to losing my blogging mojo.  Not so.  "Life is real" as they say, and lately it has been incredibly busy.  I've had more than one reason to be so far behind in my blogging.  I apologize to my tens of followers!  


The grands have kept me busy for sure.  I cannot complain about that, though, because I love it!  I have been baking and cooking with Gavin...


...doing all kinds of fun things with Aidan...


...going to Noah's Cross Country meets...























...and planning a week-end-long celebration of Hubby's 60th Birthday!











(And in case you are wondering, yes, he is older than I am!)









I just finished a wool scarf for a soldier in Afghanistan, a group project that my Tuesday Night Knitting Group is working on.




















I have also been very involved in the Newcomers Club of Greater Huntsville where I joined a Book Club, Learned to Play Euchre and all kinds of other fun things.  I'm making new friends through this group and Huntsville is feeling more like "home" every day.








Since the last time I blogged I also spent the better part of a week in bed with bad allergies, kept Gavin and Aidan while their daddy was out of town, and spent two weeks without my computer when it was at the Apple Store being repaired.  (See?  I really do have good excuses. Ummm, I mean reasons!)

I have managed to throw together a quilt from leftover Yellow Brick Road blocks and hand-quilt it.























I think it's the perfect quilt for my newest great-nephew, Noah!








This week I finished up five more pillowcases for Children's Hospital in St. Louis and I am right on track to meet my goal of fifty by next June!





This is what fifteen pillowcases looks like!




Last but not least, the 9th Annual Wagener Sisters Get-a-way was last weekend.  But that is a subject for a whole 'nuther post!

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Yeah....good to hear from you. I know you have been busy, but it is good to see you have been getting some sewing in along the way, too.

Gloria said...

Gavin couldn't ask for better cooking classes, and all 3 boys are Blessed to have you for a Grandma. The baby quilt will be perfect for little Noah {love the colors}, and the pillow cases & scarf will be received with much gratefulness. And nobody could spoil Phil better than you! If you didn't have such a wonderfully full life, your blog posts would read like mine (if I had a blog). But, as it is, your blog is one of my absolute favorites. Can't wait for the Sister's post... :)

Dar said...

Sandy, Yes I had thought you were missing in action on the blogging front, but knew you were having fun, fun, fun with the family. You are way ahead of me on pillowcases -- I've got to get my rear in gear! lol. Love the baby quilt for baby Noah.