Thursday, January 24, 2013

I Heart My Local Quilt Shops!



I am really grateful for the two quilt shops I have found here in Huntsville.  Since today is "Visit Your Local Quilt Shop Day" I thought I should visit each of them and show my appreciation by spending a few dollars.  And I did!










I stopped by Quilter's Combo in Madison and had a nice visit with Cat while I chose a few things for a project I am working on.









They always have such pretty class samples there.


And Sophia is there to brighten things up, too!








I bought a few greens, knowing full well that green is the best stocked color in my stash, a little bit of a rich Gee's Bend brown, and a piece of black and white for my Quilted Village quilt.  








Then I stopped by Patches and Stitches in Huntsville for a few minutes and a few purchases.







They have a beautiful display of fat quarters.
























I don't think there is anything more appealing than the gorgeous colors in a fabric store!








I bought another piece of black and white, a neutral and one purple fat quarter. It's a start on building up that purple stash!







I hope you had the opportunity to get by your Local Quilt Shop and help boost the economy a little.  I would not want to run a business of my own, so I am especially thankful for the shop owners who are there when I "need" fabric or supplies!


4 comments:

Gloria said...

I didn't go yesterday - not yet ready. But I will be doing some local shopping very soon. Thanks so much for the suggestions. I have the directions & hours for each shop & am all set! LOVE the fat quarters picture. I don't see how you could resist all of those yummy purples! :) Your black & white choices are great as well.

Anonymous said...

Didn't make it to my local shop either. Life got in the way. But it will be there when I am ready. :)
Great photos of your shops.

Dar said...

I think you did real good on your fabric enhancements. I helped out my LQS but not on that specific day. Your shops look like good ones. Lucky you.

Mimi said...

That's some nice purchases there.