Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October Goals -- UFO's


I have started enough new projects this year.  My list of UFO's has never been as long as it is now, and if I don't get some finishes soon it will be even longer by the time the new year rolls around.  I started a new project in April and told you about it in this post.  I finally got back to work on it recently and the goal is to finish it this month.  

I wanted the blocks to be bright and had a lot of fun choosing fabrics from my stash. 

Pink was the main color for Aemarys's baby quilt in 2005 so decided to use a lot of pink in this quilt too.   After making some of the blocks I noticed a few of the fabrics I had used in her baby quilt, so I went searching for more of them in my stash and was able to find a lot.  Here's her baby quilt - 

Now her quilts are linked, and I'm hoping she notices.  

I hadn't bought very much of the cotton candy pink, but after playing with several different ideas for the borders I thought it might work for the border. 



I really liked the third choice the best because the blocks look like they were floating, so I got online and ordered more yardage from The Fat Quarter Shop and had it within just a few days.  I just love shopping online!

Of course by then I had already changed my mind and went with the second option because I thought Aemarys would like it better.  (Not only that - my quilting would not show up as well on the print!)  So now I have enough pink in my stash for another little girl quilt!

Hmmmm, or maybe some matching pillowcases........


1 comment:

Mimi said...

I've said it before, this quilt is adorable.