Sunday, November 16, 2014

A Zelda Project Update

Just because I haven't blogged doesn't mean I haven't been getting things done.  In September I made four more blocks for Josh's Zelda quilt.  

The Heart...























the Bow...























the Stopwatch...























and the Sword.























Then, I had other projects to work on so it sat and waited.  Again.  For a long time.  This week was RETREAT, though, so it was time to get some serious sewing done!


I made the Map Piece...























the Key...
























the Fairy...

























...and the Triforce.  Oops!  I forgot to take a picture of that one.  

Laid out on the floor it was really looking good, and I was getting excited about finishing.





















Since each block was a different size, putting them together was a challenge.  I divided the blocks into columns then added borders until all the blocks in each column were the same width.  Next, I added sashing to make each column the same length. Finally, I added sashing between the columns and added the borders.  






















Now on to making the backing and quilting it.  I may just finish it this year!

(I'm kind of looking forward to making something with a pattern after this so there isn't so much of that Dreaded Math involved!)





2 comments:

Mimi said...

Sandy, that turned out great! I didn't realize that this was actually pictures of things. I was thinking it was more like minecraft where only the kids know what's going on. You did good on this one. You really have been accomplishing a lot lately.

Ariel said...

This 80s NES kid says: "that is so radical"!