Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December Goal for "A Lovely Year of Finishes"

This is my last opportunity this year to set a goal with "A Lovely Year of Finishes."   In August I started working on a Legend of Zelda wall-hanging for my nephew and talked about it here.

Recently I got the backing put together, using up a lot of odds and ends of whites in my stash.  It's interesting how different they all are.  I've decided that from now on I'm going to buy one brand of white --- and buy it by the bolt!






















Then I found some black batting in my sewing room and got the quilt top basted.

















I've been having fun quilting it this week.  Instead of doing an all-over stipple I've been playing a little bit with the designs.





































































When I finished quilting the "Potion" bottle something about it bothered me.  The more I looked at it the more I realized I would have to rip out some of the quilting.   The problem was I had quilted in the black area where I was supposed to be able to see through the bottle.  That would never do!  It looks much better now.























So, my goal for this month is to finish the quilting and put the binding on the Legend of Zelda Quilt.  That will not only be a finish, it will also be getting a UFO checked off the list!

I am linking up with Fiber of All Sorts for their December Goal Setting Party.





4 comments:

Mimi said...

I think you could have left that quilting in the bottle. It just looked like fumes. Nothing like a finish!!!

Just Sew Sue said...

Good luck, that's a cute quilt.

Sarah Goer said...

What a fun quilt. Just looking at it makes me hear the Zelda music in my head. :-) I love all the different free motion quilting you used.

Rebecca said...

You go, girl!

Perhaps you could repeat the background quilting in the black part of the bottle to reinforce the transparency (now that you have a blank slate).