Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A New Quilt for Aidan and March Stash Report

This cutie pie, my 9-year-old grandson, Aidan, has informed me that it's his turn for a new quilt. 

























In his (barely) nine years I've made him not one .....

























..... not two .....

























..... not even three .....

























..... but four quilts .....

























..... AND a quilted Christmas stocking.

























After being a dedicated Miami Heat fan for several years he has just changed his loyalty to the Golden State Warriors, so he thinks he needs a new Warriors quilt.  I convinced him that a wall-hanging would be an even cooler idea.  


  


















I enlarged the logo and bought the fabric.  I'm planning to just make a simple raw-edge appliquéd top and free-motion quilt it.  It set my stash-busting back a little, but that will motivate me to get it finished quickly.

























Besides, I need to get it onto his wall before he changes favorite teams again.



March
Fabric Added in March - 2 yards
Fabric Used in March - 19.48 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date - 2 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date - 55.30 yards
Net used in 2015 - 53.30 yards

4 comments:

Mimi said...

What we don't do for our grands!

Dar said...

What a great grandma you are. Hope your other grands don't see this post or you will be plenty busy for sure.

Dar said...

Forgot to add --- WAY to go on your usage. I felt the breeze as you flew passed me!! lol

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I love Aiden's "request"! My grandson is 1 1/2 and I've already made him three quilts....oh my....can't wait for the day he actually requests one!!