Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March Goal -- DONE!

March's ALYoF goal turned out to be a lot of fun.  Once I made up my mind about what to make for the fundraiser it went together fairly quickly.  After prepping all the reds in my stash and cutting squares, the sewing was easy.   Adding the stars was a new experience for me.  Even though I've made quite a few appliqué quilts I've never done raw edge appliqué before.   I like how it turned out.









































I used a stipple design for the quilting and learned that working with red on red is almost as much "fun" as working with black on black.  I was thankful for the good lighting in my sewing room!

I pieced the backing as I often do, using all the red & white prints I had in my stash, which wasn't very many, and a red with stars print.


  






















A lot of love went into this quilt.  I hope it raises a large amount of money for the child in need.  That's why I'm naming it "Wish Upon A Star."

I'm linking up with the Finishes Party at Fiber of All Sorts.  

9 comments:

TheItinerantChemist said...

That's a beautiful quilt, the stars look great. It certainly deserves to raise a nice sum of money! :)

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Fabulous red quilt! I hope the fundraiser is a great success!

Terri said...

You've picked my favorite color! Love the stars. How did you keep the red from showing through the white?
New follower.
Hugs

Ardie said...

Absolutely stunning, Sandy! It will be a $$ winner.

Mimi said...

It turned out great, but you are leaving me in your dust!

Dar said...

It looks great and your stars are shining brightly. Hope it brings in the $$. Good going on your goals. I'm right there with you.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your stars!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I love how the stars are arranged on the pieced background.

Sandy Panagos said...

Terri, I kept the red from showing through by using two layers of white. It worked really well.