Wednesday, June 24, 2015

June Goal -- Outta Here!

I set my goal for ALYoF with the utmost of confidence that my doctor would allow me to get rid of this sling and use my arm -- which means I was going to start sewing up a storm.  Ahem..... he didn't, and I couldn't.  What can I say?

























Actually, he did say I could remove my sling while being seated to watch TV or something, and that I no longer need to wear it while sleeping, but to only really use my arm from the elbow down until I see him again in 4 weeks' time.  So ..... I managed.  That's all I'm gonna say about it.  

It took much longer than it would normally, but I got the quilt made from start to finish.  I forgot to take any photos until I was ready to bind it.  That's okay, though.  Binding is my favorite part!













































It's finished, photographed .....

























..... and in the mail.

























I'm pretty happy, but really very tired.  Knowing it will be a well loved quilt makes it all worth while.

I am linking up with Fiber of All Sorts for their June Finishes Party.  

5 comments:

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Great quilt. I hope your arm gets better really soon.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Good Job!!!!!! BInding is my favorite part too!! Love the Chevron pattern, personalized with his name.

Mimi said...

It turned out really cute and I am sure that getting to sew was good therapy for you, too.

Heather J said...

A lovely quilt with the colours you have chosen, visually appealing.

Anonymous said...

And it's gorgeous! I love the green lines in there.