The fusible web I bought at my local quilt shop did not have the best directions I've ever seen. Even though I read them repeatedly I ended up wasting several hours (and a bit of fabric) by cutting out the logo without having reversed the pattern before tracing it. Honestly, the directions never said anything about that very vital step. That means it ended up backwards, and I had to start over. Thank goodness I got it right after that.
Once the logo was stitched down I decided to baste and quilt before adding the team name. I didn't think it would be too much fun quilting around all those letters.
The original plan was to stipple inside the logo and do some straight-line quilting on the background, but I needed to finish this so I decided to keep it simple. And this is how much of the quilting was left to do when the bobbin ran out. Isn't that always the way?
It's been a long time since I used my Clover mini iron. Just a reminder -- don't hold your letter down with one hand and blindly reach over and grab the iron with the other hand. Ouch!!
Then don't just drop it onto your cutting mat when you run to the sink to put cold water on your hand. Oops!!
The top letters were just too small to cut out and iron on (for me, anyway!) so I embroidered them with a double row of outline stitch. I really like the way it looks.
Finishing this little quilt was so much fun. I'm really happy with it.
Aidan is pretty happy, too. Look at that smile! All decked out in his Golden State Warriors cap and Championship shirt and standing in front of his new wall-hanging. It doesn't get much better than that!
I'm linking up with Fiber of All Sorts for their ALYoF July Finishes Party. My original goal was #74 and my finish is #12.
I'm also linking up with WIPs Be Gone Week 31 at A Quilting Reader's Garden.