Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April Goal -- Finished!

I wasn't holding my breath on this one.  The April A Lovely Year of Finishes goal I set for myself turned out to be SO much more work than I had anticipated.  It seems like all I did was quilt for the last 3 weeks!  My machine made me proud of her while I burned the midnight oil, so to speak.















I remembered to clean and oil my machine and change to a new needle after every three bobbins of sewing.  I think that made the quilting much easier and the results more pleasing.  There were a lot of thread color changes which made for an incredible number of threads to bury, but I think it was worth it.  I'm happy with the results.   Can you tell?  My Quilted Village is done.  I'm calling it "Synesthesia."






































Here are a few close-ups of the quilting.  





















I'm going to take more photos tomorrow when, hopefully, it isn't quite so sunny.  (I shouldn't be complaining about that since we've had so much rain this month!)

I am linking up with Fiber of All Sorts for their Finishes Party.   My original goal was #88  and my Finish is #45.

I am also linking up this week with A Quilting Reader's Garden for WIP's be Gone Week 18.



Monday, April 6, 2015

April Goal for ALYoF

It's already time to set my April goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes.  I've been careful not to make my goals too easy this year, and so far I'm three for three.  It feels good to get things done.  This month's goal is a big one with plenty of work and when finished it will be another UFO checked off the list.  It's time to finally finish the Quilted Village!  

I just completed the center portion of the quilt and got all the houses attached.  

























The center turned out to be quite a challenge because it was way too small.  I ended up having to figure out how to add borders without ruining the look.  I added flanges to some of the borders to make it more interesting, and now I think it's just perfect. 

























This week my focus was to finish hand embroidering all the birds.  
















































Now it's ready to baste.  My goal for April is to finish this quilt.  I need to baste, quilt, and bind it. 

I'm linking up to the Goal Setting Party at Fiber of All Sorts.   I will be goal #88.