Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First 2011 Finish

So far for the year 2011, I am right on track with making my goals.  I know, we're only 32 days in, but facts are facts!


I started this quilt around the 11th at a retreat and I wrote about it in this post.  Since it was my January goal, I spent most of yesterday morning quilting it.












I used a large stipple over the entire quilt because, first of all I wanted to finish in January, and secondly I wanted the quilting design to be simple so it wouldn't take away from the beautiful pattern. 


Then I spent most of the afternoon binding it.
It finished at about 64 x 74.  I hope it raises a decent amount of money for the St. Baldrick's Event on March 5th.  Come on by Helen Fitzgerald's Irish Grill and Pub anytime after noon and bid on it.  It could be yours!!!

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Your quilt turned out beautifully. I think it should bring in lots of money and you are so generous to make this for the cause. Keep us informed as to how well it does.

janice said...

Nice Sandy!!

Teaquilts said...

Great quilt and I like the pastel feeling to the quilt. With my fabrics I have a hard time achieving that color combo.

Heather said...

BEAUTIFUL Sandy! Hope that it raises lots of money!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love batiks! This quilt is beautiful! I hope you raise lots of money for your charity.