I'm pretty excited that I've met my January goals. A little motivation goes a long way it seems.
My goal for OMG (One Monthly Goal) at Elm Street Quilts was to finish putting my Long Time Gone top together. It was in five sections in December, and now it's a top. I thought it was finished after I put the sections together, but then I looked at the instructions. (Funny how important that is.) It seems it still needed borders. Twelve. Three on each side. And pieced. Aarrgghh! At least I had plenty of strips in my strings basket. As usual.
Now it's a top! My design wall was really crowded, and my design floor was a total mess and needed to be swept, so I had to resort to the design patio.
I had fun playing with reds for the RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) at So Scrappy ending up with two each of the Windmill and Sawtooth Star blocks. I also pulled a bunch of reds out of my novelty/children's/brights stash and cut them into useable sized squares and strips.
A good month. I wonder if I need to set more challenging goals for February. We'll see.