Monday, January 10, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Red for January

The first time I participated in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge was also my last time, and I didn't do great.  Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it.  I made it my goal to make a donation baby quilt each month, and I did make three.  That's not too shabby, but I was disappointed that I didn't do more.  For 2022 I'm taking a little more reasonable approach and just making blocks in the color of the month to use in projects towards the end of the year.

Angela at "So Scrappy" announced that the RSC2022 color for January is RED!  I'll be making two blocks each month, a Sawtooth Star block with a cute Paddington Bear background and a Windmill Block with a blue on white dotted fabric for the background.  I don't know how far I'll get with those stars since I don't have much of the Paddington Bear fabric.  I guess that's kind of the point of using up your stash though.









I looked through my scrap bins and found some 2.5" x 4.5" bricks and decided I should work through those this year, too.  










There were 60 red bricks.  I cut some 2.5" squares from a background fabric and sewed them together end to end.  I have no idea what I will do with these, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.  I do not need to add any more UFOs to my list! 










This is the entirety of my red stash and scraps.  










I think I see some trips to my Local Quilt Shops in the near future!

Linking up with So Scrappy RSC2022

No comments: