Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Two Quilts For the Price of One?

Still wanting to use up those batiks in my stash and having a few more nieces in line for new quilts, I decided to make a batik version of the "Radio Way" pattern by Jaybird Quilts for my niece, Laura.  I had lots of time at home during my Covid isolation, and what better way to use that time than to make quilts?  It didn't hurt that some of my online quilty friends were doing a sew-along using this pattern, and I wanted to play along.

I really enjoyed working on such an easy pattern.  How simple are these blocks?!











See those hashtag marks on the notepad in the first photo?  Once again, they don't mean anything.   I ended up with twice as many blocks as I needed.  What is wrong with me?  Don't answer that!  lol

So, double the blocks means two quilts.  For the price of one?  Not technically, but since everything was from my stash, I'm saying, "Yes!"  One for Laura .....



..... and one for my son, Aaron .....



..... because he said, when I sent him a picture of the blocks in a text message, "I really like that!" 

I chose some of the lighter (and pinker!) blocks for Laura's quilt and used the darker and more neutral blocks for Aaron's.  Then I used some of the leftover strips on the backing of Aaron's quilt.


The tree branches on the lower right are just from a shadow.  I wish I had thought of that, though.  It's kinda cool.

Linking up with  "Oh Scrap!"

No comments: