Friday, January 28, 2022

Throwback Thursday - A Baby Quilt Show and Tell

 I've been looking at my spreadsheet (Yes.  I'm that person ..... but only with my quilts), and I noticed there are quite a few quilts I've never blogged about.  I thought I would start sharing them with you on Throwback Thursdays, but since it's Friday I think it's going to be more of a "Throwback Any Day!" from now on.   Here we go with a Baby Quilt Show and Tell.

In 2015 Hubby asked me to make a quilt for Walt and Mary's (first) grand-baby, and I made "Grampa's Little Genius" for them.  You can read about that here.   Two years later their second grand-baby came along, and I made "We're Just Dotty About Nora".  You can read about that here.  If you don't want to go read about them here are two itty bitty pictures.

In 2019 I made two grand-baby quilts for Mary and Walt's growing family.  The first one is simply a Carpenter's Wheel blocked enlarged to a size large enough for Baby.  Aren't these fabrics beautiful?  So soft and fresh looking.










It really made a darling quilt.









For the second grand-baby that year, a boy, I found this fun puppy fabric. Too cute!

Didn't the stripes play well with the puppy fabric?













I really like the way it turned out.  I named it "Puppy Play Date".

 

2020 saw only one grand-baby, a girl.  Her quilt is a simple patchwork quilt with a white inner border. 
  

The most recent baby has arrived and it's another little girl.  I had some pretty fabric leftover from the "Love and Friendship" line by Verna Mosquera I had used in another quilt.  You can read about that here.  This time I used a simple nine-patch and alternated with a solid square .....  


..... and pieced the back.  

I usually do a simple meander, but I tried something a little different in the borders.  The variegated thread looks sweet.  I'm not much of a "pink person", but I really like this.  




Walt and Mary's daughters are fairly young, so you never know.  I may need to start stockpiling baby quilts!



No comments: