I wasn't sure I would be able to accomplish my goal this month with the house in such a mess and the sewing room packed up and stored in the garage.
Everything is getting more disorganized and sawdust covered every day!
But, progress is actually being made. Only a few more days and I should be able to start cleaning and moving things back into all the bedrooms and the Sewing Room. I doubt I will be able to convince Sweet Adorable Hubby that the Sewing Room is the top priority though, when we have been sleeping on a mattress on the Living Room floor for the last 18 nights! This is what the Sewing Room looks like this morning --
It will be so nice when everything is back where it belongs, and I can find my sewing machine again. (Errr, I mean, when I can start cooking in that mess of a kitchen again!) That quilt in the background is covering a big pile of "stuff" and the bathroom (on the left) is completely full of fabric, etc. packed in plastic bags! When I saw how much fabric I have I decided I'd better start putting out more quilts than I have been. My stash looks like a lot less when it is stacked neatly in cabinets! My February goal with A Lovely Year of Finishes was goal #135, and I am happy to report that I did, indeed, finish it! I basted and hand-quilted my QRC quilt.
Still not ready to reveal the message, though. It needs binding first. I just hope I can get to my sewing machine before the end of March! I am linking up with the February Finishes Party -- at Fibre of All Sorts. Can't wait to see who else made their goal this month!
The hardwood is all down in the Sewing Room, and needs to be stained and finished. All four of the rooms in progress should be completed in about four or five more days. I would call that progress. Well, technically I guess it's not my progress, it's the carpenters' progress. I'm still excited, though.
I have made some other progress of my own. I basted my little QRC Wall-hanging and started hand-quilting it.
I wanted all my seams to look this good. This accurate.
I pinned so carefully and stitched so very slowly through the seam intersections, but sometimes I could still feel things slip just a little bit, and I ended up with a few results like this.........
I was so tired of ripping out and reworking that I finally decided to let the precision slide a little. After all, from a galloping horse at 50 paces it will look just fine. However, around the 23rd row (out of 25) I found myself wishing I had a machine with dual feed. Aarrgghh!!! What??? Isn't that what my WALKING FOOT is for?!?!?!? Well, it's too late now..........
I accomplished my January goal with time to spare, but this month's goal is going to be a real challenge. Not only is this a short month, but the flooring company is here today ripping up carpets and putting down hardwood in three bedrooms AND my sewing studio. The entire process will take about three weeks which won't leave a lot of time for putting things back together or for getting any sewing done. This is what my sewing room looks like right now.....
Tonight it will be empty and tomorrow the carpet will be ripped out. I did want to get something done in February, though, so I decided to finish the little wallhanging I started in December. This is my February goal.
I'm pretty sure I can get it basted and hand-quilted this month, but I am not sure about the binding since all my sewing machines are packed away somewhere in all this stuff!
In case you can't tell that is my breakfast area. I am linking up with Fiber of All Sorts for their ALYOF February Goal setting party. Since I have been packing and helping Sweet Adorable Hubby move furniture for the last two evenings, I hope I have the energy to actually work on my goal!