Thursday, December 9, 2021

Kacie's Quilt

Every girl needs a new quilt when she leaves home to go off to college.  Especially when her Aunt Sandy thinks she does! And even more so when her sisters have recently received new quilts.  (You can read about Karlie's here and Kourtnie's here.)  It was Kacie's turn.

Jennie Doan's "Summer Camp" pattern looked like fun, and I was in the mood to work with teals and grays.  I dug into my stash and found something to work with, but I ended up adding a few fat-quarters to round out the mix.  We have to do our part to support our Local Quilt Shops.  I mean, that's a given, right?












The blocks were pretty basic so it went together quickly.  That's a good thing since I had waited to even start on it until she was just about ready to leave for school!  Isn't it nice when a block starts out as a half-square-triangle and keeps changing as you add simple strips?
















I reversed the way the lights and darks in the HSTs are positioned in order to get a different look.  You know me.  Gotta change it up a little if I'm using a pattern!  It didn't make much difference really, but ... well ... you know .....



Another beautiful quilting job by my friend, Shirley Jackson, and a hand-stitched label and binding, and Aunt Sandy was ready to ship it off to one of her (many!) darling nieces.  


Getting some nice shots of the finished quilt is one of my fave things to do.



Seeing that big smile when someone gets their quilt is my absolute fave, though!

It makes my heart happy!

Linking up with So Scrappy

No comments: