Monday, December 13, 2021

Aaron's Rag Quilt

I don't mean to brag (actually, I do!), but I'm feeling pretty good that I actually started on a quilt "just" two years after my son asked me to make it.  This was another of my Covid isolation projects.  Aaron and I had shopped for flannels when I went to Seattle to spend some time with him over Mother's Day weekend in 2018.  In mid-2020 I started working on it.  Pretty impressive, right?  It didn't even have time to become a UFO!

He was pretty sure about what he wanted.  We ended up with some nice flannels.


It didn't take long to sew the larger sets of squares corner to corner and make four-patches from the smaller sets.


I hadn't made a rag quilt in about twenty years, so I had to buy new Fiskars Easy Action Rag Quilt Snips for clipping all those seams.  Who knows what happened to the scissors I used to have!

If you've ever made a rag quilt you KNOW the most fun part was washing and drying it multiple times to get those seams good and frayed. 

Or maybe I should say the most fun part was cleaning up all that lint.  Wow!



It was worth it in the end.  The quilt is exactly what he wanted.





And now HE gets to wash it!


No comments: