Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Ashley's Wedding Quilt

If you're tired of me starting off my blog posts with "another niece needed a wedding quilt" I'll just say instead that Emily's and Paige's cousin, Ashley, needed a wedding quilt.  Yes, that would be my niece.  Another niece.  I have a lot of them.  

I'm still trying to use up those batiks, so this time I chose the "Bella" pattern by Timeless Treasures.  










The stars really added a lot of interest to an otherwise simple pattern.











Another interesting part of the process was sewing the first two columns on upside down .....











.....then ripping them off and putting them back on right side up.















Can you see the difference?  Please tell me you can see the difference!  I would have never experienced another peaceful night's sleep if I hadn't corrected it.  Well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but .....










Either way, this beautiful bride loves it .....













..... and that's all that matters.


Linking up with So Scrappy and Oh Scrap!

[wedding photo credit Rachel Turner Photography]

No comments: