Sunday, December 19, 2021

Paige and Paul's Wedding Quilt

Another niece, another wedding quilt.  This time it was Paige's turn.  I was on a roll using up those batiks!  The Organized Chaos pattern by Cozy Quilts is perfect for batiks.  I'd been wanting to use this eggplant batik with gold stars for a while.  I had never auditioned it next to other prints before.  It turned out to be perfect.  I need to "play" with my stash more often!
















I worked on this quilt during the Covid isolation while I wasn't even thinking about blogging, so I only took two photos.  Let's just jump ahead to a picture of the finished quilt .....









..... and the happy couple.











Hmmm, it doesn't seem right to leave you after such a short post and so few photos.

I'll just share a little bit about two of the quilts I made for Paige as she was growing up.  Actually, she helped with one.  She decided to learn to sew; she wanted to make a quilt; and Aunt Sandy was just the one to teach her. 




















We picked out a panel (aka "cheater cloth"), a bright aqua for borders, and hot pink and yellow for a checkerboard border.  Paige did some of the sewing, but decided pretty quickly that sewing wasn't really for her.  I finished up the borders, added some bright buttons as cornerstones, named it "Girlfriends", and called it "done"!












In 2005 I thought she needed a more grownup quilt.  She was thirteen by then, after all.  I wanted to use Judy Laquidara's pattern "Rainbow Connection", but as you can see I didn't want to use rainbow colors, just two colors - pink and black.



It was a fun surprise that Christmas and a big hit as well.










Linking up with So Scrappy

Linking up with Oh Scrap!

No comments: