Thursday, December 16, 2021

A Wedding Quilt For Emily and Chris


So this beautiful couple .....








..... had a wedding coming up, and it was time for Aunt Sandy to spring into action.  I really did, too.  I actually finished and gifted in time for them to unwrap their quilt with the rest of their wedding gifts.  What a concept, right?!?!   

I was still trying to use up some of the batiks in my stash, and what better way to choose the perfect pattern than to check out Jenny Doan's tutorials again.  This time it was "Dream Weavers" that caught my eye.  

Cutting pieces and constructing blocks didn't take long.  (By the way, those hash marks mean absolutely nothing.  As you know, in addition to being math challenged I also cannot count.)





















Making decisions about sashing and border fabrics took a little longer.  My original plan was to sash with a nice shade of yellow and dark cornerstones, but once I got that up on my design wall I decided it didn't work.  Especially when I saw it next to the option of dark sashing and yellow cornerstones.  It never ceases to amaze me how color choice can make such a big difference!















And if you had told me that I'd end up with a black and brown border with neutral accents, I would not have believed you.  It totally works, though!  See what happens when you let yourself "play" a little?




















I thought naming this wedding quilt "Weaving Dreams" would put a nice twist on the "Dream Weavers" pattern name.  Especially for a sweet couple starting out their new lives together.




















So, some more batiks bit the dust, I supported my Local Quilt Shop by buying borders and backing, and I was able to gift a quilt I love to people I love .....













..... and that will be loved for a long time to come.

No comments: