My great-nephews Phenyx and Kingston recently got new beds. Big boy beds! I noticed that one of them has been sleeping with his Gramma's Hubba Hubba Quilt, so I decided they need their own quilts and set out to make them this week. I have lots of novelty prints left over from other kid quilts. This is what's on the design wall so far...
This Over and Under Pattern by Paula Hughes looks complicated but it's really simple. The prints are cut in 4.5" x 6.5" blocks. Then a green 1.5" x 6.5" strip is sewn onto each side.
Alternating the blocks results in a woven pattern. Black sashing gives a really distinct look as seen in this Halloween quilt.
I'm making one quilt in green and one in blue.
I can't wait to get these done so the boys can have their own quilts. AND so their Gramma can have her Hubba Hubba quilt back!
Color Challenge Quilt - finished!
4 days ago