The last time I posted a blog entry was the day before our movers arrived to haul all our earthly goods from St. Louis, Missouri to Huntsville, Alabama. We have moved so we can be closer to our grandchildren, and am I ever having fun!! But until last week this is what my new sewing room looked like...
I wanted to get the rest of the house unpacked and somewhat organized before I tackled the sewing room. I mean, there were more than 70 boxes in there! Believe me it wasn't easy going four weeks without playing with fabric. And I'm sure my sewing machines were feeling neglected!
But, things are shaping up now, and even though it's not completely ready (and definitely NOT ready to show pictures of), I did get some sewing done last week.
The first thing I finished was this Pink and Turquoise baby quilt for Eva Katherine.
I had made quilts for each of her older sisters when they were born. Pink and Blue for Audrey Ann...
...and Pink and Yellow for Claire Elizabeth.
And last night I finished this 15" art quilt challenge made with all solids and inspired by a Kandinsky painting.
I like it so much that I hate to mail it off to my swap partner tomorrow. I'm sure that I will like equally well the quilt she will be sending to me, though!