Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Quilty friends.  I wanted to post a picture of a fall quilt I've made, but I've never made one!  This is the closest I could come to that -- part of a table runner I made in 2002.  The photo is a little fuzzy, and since I no longer have it, I can't take a new one.  Anyway, you get the idea.  Have a Blessed Day, everyone!!


Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Finally - QRC Quilt is Finished

In January I started on a QRC quilt and told about it in this post.  Then, in February I finished quilting it and told about it in this post.  I really can't remember when I got around to binding it, but I'm thinking it was sometime around August.  A couple of weeks ago, f i n a l l y, I put the sleeve on it.  It is finished.  Whew!  That was one dragged out project!






















Now, at long last, I can reveal the secret - what it says and who it is for.  There are several cell phone apps available for reading QRC codes.  I use ScanLife. 
























That's right.  It's for Sweet Adorable Hubby to hang in his office.   And that is just what he has done.  He took it to work with him yesterday.
























This was a fun little quilt to make.  So grateful that my Sweet Adorable Hubby appreciates it.


Sunday, November 16, 2014

A Zelda Project Update

Just because I haven't blogged doesn't mean I haven't been getting things done.  In September I made four more blocks for Josh's Zelda quilt.  

The Heart...























the Bow...























the Stopwatch...























and the Sword.























Then, I had other projects to work on so it sat and waited.  Again.  For a long time.  This week was RETREAT, though, so it was time to get some serious sewing done!


I made the Map Piece...























the Key...
























the Fairy...

























...and the Triforce.  Oops!  I forgot to take a picture of that one.  

Laid out on the floor it was really looking good, and I was getting excited about finishing.





















Since each block was a different size, putting them together was a challenge.  I divided the blocks into columns then added borders until all the blocks in each column were the same width.  Next, I added sashing to make each column the same length. Finally, I added sashing between the columns and added the borders.  






















Now on to making the backing and quilting it.  I may just finish it this year!

(I'm kind of looking forward to making something with a pattern after this so there isn't so much of that Dreaded Math involved!)