A friend asked me to make a quilt for a fund-raiser at the school where she teaches kindergarten, Clarence Cannon Elementary in Elsworth, Missouri. It's for a little boy in her class who is undergoing treatment for Leukemia. The school colors are red and white so I decided to make something in those colors. Of course, all my reds needed to be washed first, but after three washings this is how much the Color Catcher was still picking up.
I was afraid the fabrics would be worn out if I washed them any more, so I soaked them in a Synthrapol solution to set the dye. I hope that did the trick.
So far, I've cut and pieced the top.
The school's website has a lot of shooting stars on it, so the plan is to put some white stars on it with raw-edge appliqué then quilt it with a large stipple. My goal is to have this completed in the next week or so.
I'm linking up with Fiber of All Sorts for the A Lovely Year of Finishes Goal Setting Party I will be goal #86.