March's ALYoF goal turned out to be a lot of fun. Once I made up my mind about what to make for the fundraiser it went together fairly quickly. After prepping all the reds in my stash and cutting squares, the sewing was easy. Adding the stars was a new experience for me. Even though I've made quite a few appliqué quilts I've never done raw edge appliqué before. I like how it turned out.
I used a stipple design for the quilting and learned that working with red on red is almost as much "fun" as working with black on black. I was thankful for the good lighting in my sewing room!
I pieced the backing as I often do, using all the red & white prints I had in my stash, which wasn't very many, and a red with stars print.
A lot of love went into this quilt. I hope it raises a large amount of money for the child in need. That's why I'm naming it "Wish Upon A Star."
I'm linking up with the Finishes Party at Fiber of All Sorts. My original post was goal #86.
Everyday Improv & More with Seattle MQG
19 hours ago