Friday, February 17, 2017

Teal - Now That's More Like It

February's color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge hosted by So Scrappy is Teal.   It just so happens that teal is one of my favorite colors so that makes me happy.  (It beats purple, anyway.)  I decided to make pinwheel blocks for a baby or toddler quilt depending on how many blocks I can get from my scraps and stash.  

Half-square-triangles turned into components......

.....which turned into blocks. 














I thought I had 60 blocks made using 12 different fabrics. 

Then I counted them again to decide on a layout, but there were only 58.   I guess I'm even worse at the dreaded math than I thought.  Now I can't even count!   Anyway, I made a few more blocks, using 15 fabrics in addition to the background.

The next decision will be sashing or no sashing.  I can't think about that right now.  I'll think about that tomorrow. 

I'm linking up with the rest of the bloggers involved in this challenge over at So Scrappy Saturday.  Then I'll take a look at their blogs.  You should too!

I'm also linking up with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.

One more thing.  Remember I said that teal is one of my favorite colors?  I really meant it! 








SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

11 comments:

Wanda said...

I love the toes!!!! Great idea. I am thinking if I get caught up on a few things I might do this on my own an I have lots of purple because I love purple and I love teal.

Edith said...

These blocks are delightful, I'm enjoying playing with teal this month as well, it is happy. Love the toes.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I loved the purple blocks last month and I think all the teal blocks this month are just as pretty. I love the RSC. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your teal scraps are making such great pinwheels! They look like they'll turn into a sweet baby quilt!

Wendy F said...

I love your teal fabrics ... they all play together so beautifully, they will make a lovely quilt!

TheItinerantChemist said...

Great blocks (and toes)! If it makes you feel any better, I have a Masters in Chemistry and some days I can't count either. :)

Fiona said...

I think pinwheels are my favourite block and yours look great...
Hugz

Kate said...

Fun and bright blocks. You should have a happy week stitching them all together.

Dar said...

Very pretty teal blocks. That is another of my favorite colors and it goes so well with purple too! You know that is what Easy Street was all about. Your toes are too cool.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What WONDERFUL fabric scraps you had to play with!! Cool toe nails, too!

a good yarn said...

Gotta love a pinwheel. A terrific choice for RSC.