Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Quilting for the Grands - Part 2

Posting a little while back about all the quilts I have made for Gavin gave me a kinda queasy feeling knowing that I would have to come clean about the fact that I have only made two quilts for Aidan so far. Uh oh --- need to even things up. Turns out, though, that it isn't as bad as I first thought. Gavin got his 3rd quilt from me when he was 3 1/2 years old, so I have about a month until Aidan hits that point. Whew!! Guess I'd better get busy, huh?

This is the quilt I made for Aidan in 2006 as we were awaiting his birth. I used the "Baby Nines" pattern from the April 2000 issue of McCall's Quilting magazine. They made it out of pastels for the sample quilt which graced the cover of that issue, but I like to think outside the box when it comes to my quilts. (In case you haven't noticed.)

Aidan's next quilt was from another Debbie Caffrey book, Another Can of Worms. I couldn't find any photos of him with the quilt when I first made it in 2007, so I took this photo when I saw him last week. This one is in my studio right now for repairs because it has a bleach spot on it, but that's what applique is for -- right?
Just as before, I would rather show off the grands than the quilts, but you can see full images of the quilts on my Flickr page right here:
See ya later. Gotta go do some emergency applique!

No comments: