Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Pay Day Finish!

When the Cottage Quilters announced that our 2011 Challenge was to be based on a candy bar wrapper I knew there would be a lot of bright quilts inspired by M&Ms and Skittles.  I like to do things a little differently (if you haven't already noticed) so I went candy bar shopping just to see what I could find that was a little out of the ordinary.  I liked the wrappers for the Zero Bar and Hershey's Cookies 'N Cream, but I decided on the Pay Day wrapper because of the colors.  




I cut a bunch of squares from  blue, orange, tan and white scraps.




Then I made a WHOLE LOT of half-square-triangles........
.........and I started playing on my design wall.




                             




                              













My good friend, Angela,  quilted it for me and did an absolutely stunning job on it.  She's pretty amazing.  Check out her blog.  http://quiltedjoy.blogspot.com/








I cannot thank Angela enough for the gorgeous job she did.  We have entered this quilt in the AQS show in Paducah and got the entry form mailed just before the deadline.  Now we wait until the first week of March for news.  Here's hoping!   















10 comments:

Linda Nehring said...

WOW!! My favorite candy bar and what amazing quilting!!! You HAVE to win!!

Mimi said...

I think it is a winner!

Anonymous said...

This quilt is AWESOME. You both did beautiful work and I love it!

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Wow! Great work matching the colors and making the design. The quilting is so well done!

Barb's Cats and Quilts said...

Don't like to repeat, but WOW! Kudos to both of you for a magnificent quilt. My birthday is in July. :)

Karen Fontinelle said...

Wow! What a great idea to use a candy bar for inspiration! I think I'll have to try that for my rubber stamping! And I agree, the quilting is extraordinary! Makes me wish I had a quilt for your friend to quilt! You have to come to the Houston Quilt Festival sometime!

Heather said...

Great quilt Sandy and wonderful quilting by Angela!

Anonymous said...

Sandy, Fantastic quilt and quilting. You definitely will be a winner in Houston!!
Fun to see some of your swap exchanges. :)
Happy New Year to you and your family. Dar

RoseMary said...

Love your work!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Nothing like starting off 2012 blogging with a BANG!!! Your quilt, with the fantastic quilting, is amazing!