Monday, August 31, 2015

August Goal Met -- Chance's Baby Quilt!

I am so happy to have completed my goal for this month.  It was for a precious little guy - our newest great-nephew, Chance.  It was fun to sit and hand quilt the first few weeks of August as I worked on this special gift.   I did some basic outlining in the blocks, a diagonal grid in the center, piano keys in the outer border, and some wavy lines in the small yellow border to give it a little interest.  





















It finished at 41" by 43" - large enough to be used into the toddler years.


















My friend Penny made a sweet (and very fitting!) label for me.  She sure does nice work!






























The new mother, our beautiful niece Ashley, was surprised when the mail was delivered a few days ago.






















She put it to good use right away, and I think young Chance approves!

























I'm linking up with Fiber of All Sorts for their ALYoF August Finishes Party

3 comments:

Emily said...

A beautiful quilt for a beautiful little guy! Congrats on a great finish! (And on a cute addition to your family!)

Mimi said...

I just love seeing quilts with their recipients with them....especially babies. How adorable.

Dar said...

Very cute little quilt for an even cuter little boy. Nice job. You are really turning out the baby quilts quickly this year. Good going!