This quilt was not on my Projects List for the year until my sister asked me to make a baby quilt for a special friend. Baby's room is navy and grey so I chose a Herringbone pattern from a website (Newly Woodwards) I found through Pinterest. She shares an excellent tutorial there.
Normally I trim off all the dog ears from my half-square-triangles on my cutting board, but I trimmed them this time as I sewed and let them fall onto the floor. I just had to take a picture.
I almost always press my seams open for more precise piecing.
I actually remembered to use the double pinning method when I sewed the rows together so the corners of my HST's match well. It helps to pin on each side of the seam when your design is graphic and you have high contrast pieces.
I've only done straight-line quilting once before, and it was on a quilt with lots of prints so it didn't show up as much as on this quilt with all solids. It is a lot harder than it looks! The walking foot helped, but it's far from perfect.
Last night I got to sit and relax while stitching down the binding. Ahhh, my favorite part.
So Baby's quilt is done and my goal is met. I am a happy girl.
I am linking up with Fiber of All Sorts for their ALYoF September Finishes Party. My original goal was #61 and my finish is # 48.