Friday, November 9, 2018

Debbie's Quilt - Part Two

I'm determined to keep Debbie's quilt from the UFO list when I update it at the end of the year.  I don't know if that's been my driving factor lately or if I just can't wait for her to have it, but it's "this close" to being done.

My design wall isn't wide enough to lay out all the blocks so I ended up setting out two piles of blocks next to my machine, the "A" blocks and the "B" blocks, and sewing them together fairly randomly.  The rows extended at least 6 inches over the edges, and I would have needed a step-stool to get all the rows up there at the same time!  







































The larger it grew the more "fun" it was to work with.



















I could only get a photo of the whole thing when it was spread out on the living room floor.



















Now, two of the borders are on .....


















..... and the backing fabric is ordered from Fabric.comhttps://www.fabric.com.  Isn't it perfect?





















It looks like I'll be able to send it off next week to my longarm quilting friend, Shirley Jackson.  There is no way I could man-handle that thing to quilt it on my domestic machine!

I will be happy to have this quilt finished, Debbie will be happy to have it on her bed, and it might just be another sister's turn for a new quilt.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Linking up with So Scrappy
Linking up with Quilting is More Fun than Housework


12 comments:

Carol R. said...

I love it! Can I be your sister, too? lol My space for a design wall is so limited that I actually do have to climb up on a step ladder to lay out the majority of my blocks/tops in progress.

Louise said...

I love this piece, Sandy! It just dances with movement. Can't wait to see it all finished and ready to give to your very lucky sister! :)

PaintedThread said...

I hope to be making a quilt of this pattern soon. Yours is beautiful! I especially like how you did the border.

Linda said...

What a fabulous quilt - your sister will be thrilled. It looks a lot of work!

Kaja said...

Wow, you made great progress. Cathy (saneandcrazy.blogspot.co.uk) always works the way you have here and produces lovely quilts - sometimes it makes me wonder why we bother trying to plan.

Laura said...

Your quilt looks terrific! Lucky sister to be receiving this one!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a lovely quilt finish this will be!!

Marly said...

Lovely result; such a great way of using scraps (and jelly rolls) and giving your sister a great present. I like the scrappy border too!

Kate said...

Very bright and beautiful!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

What a pretty quilt top. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Dar said...

Sandy, Debbie will love her quilt. If she doesn't, I think it is the right size to cover my toes! Love all the bright colors. Can you see any difference in your scraps yet?

Mary Marcotte said...

Beautiful, bright, happy quilt. Your sister will love it, I'm sure! I don't know the size but it looks huge. Doesn't it feel great to finish such a monster-sized quilt?