Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Aidan's Star Wars Quilt

I hope you have been watching the progress on Aidan's Star Wars quilt because this one has been a lot of fun.  (Yes, I really mean it!)  It had its challenges, but it came together well and took less than a month to complete.
To give the quilting a little more interest, I decided to use Rainbow Threads in "Zebra" by Superior Threads which alternates black and gray and white thread.  














There's a little more white in it than I had hoped, but I like the way it turned out.























I ended up using orange for both the inner border and the binding and then piecing the back to use up all the fabrics.  

Here's the back.

























I can hardly wait to give it to him.  He was SO excited when I told him I was working on a Star Wars Quilt for him.

This is Aidan when he's just being Aidan.....
.....and this is what he looked like the last time I saw him.  I think he may have been a Storm Trooper.  
























I know that's a light saber.  Just about everything IS!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I love the effect that the variegated thread gives the quilt. You did good Gwamma! I know he is going to love that quilt.

Heather said...

Awesome quilt Sandy!! Andrew loves the picture of Aidan in his storm trooper helmet.