The July Project -- When my sister-in-law, Debbie, passed away in 1999 she left behind this embroidered quilt top. I saved it all these years so I could do something with it for her children.
I cut the center out of it and used some of the border stitching to make this quilt for Debbie's daughter, Ashley, in 2010 and blogged about it in this post.
I have 18 blocks left over to make a quilt for Debbie's son, Jason.
My friend Shirley, who is a genius with her EQ designing program, came up with several designs for alternate blocks for me and I chose this one.
Then she designed the alternate blocks for me complete with measurements.
So basically, the work for my July project was done by someone else! LOL That's okay. I'll do the cutting, sewing, and quilting!
The August Project -- My nephew Josh asked me to make a wall-hanging based on the character Link from The Legend of Zelda computer game. I found some pics online of the items in the game....
No, I do not know what all the items are. I had to ask Josh! I'm going to make a block for each figure and then use them in a border around a pieced center of Link.
Getting the sketches done and buying some of the fabrics is as far as I got.
But it's a start. Another start. I need a few finishes!!
I was going to link up with Barbara's Linky Party, but it looks like the deadline was early this month. I'll be a little more on the ball next month. (I hope....)