I decided to use the pattern "Colorblock" by Bijou Lovely.
The backing turned out to be an interesting experience. I used some of the leftover fabrics as I often do, along with the white.....
.....but when I laid it out to baste it, I discovered that for some reason, the backing was too small. Drat! Have you noticed that fabric is not as wide as it used to be? You could always count on it being 44/45" wide, and now you're lucky if it's 42" wide. I think I was using the 44" number when I was figuring out how to cut the backing.
Seems like I've been ripping out a lot of stitching lately.
This is what we quilters call a "design opportunity." Back to the drawing board, or I guess I should say back to the design wall. I actually like this one much better.
I set out to quilt it by hand and had a terrible time needling through that white fabric. In the areas where I would have to quilt through two layers of the white fabric I just machine quilted instead. This is the first quilt on which I have ever combined hand quilting and machine quilting.
Anyway, the quilt is done and ready for baby. This may be the earliest I have ever had a baby quilt ready!