Thursday, February 5, 2015

February Goal for ALYoF

My February goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes is to make twelve pillowcases.  Part of the retreat I attend every June is making something for a charity.  For many years we made 22" quilts, aka Love Covers, for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at St. Louis Children's Hospital.  One year we made a quilt for every retired nun at The Mercy Center.  For several years now we have been making pillowcases for the patients at Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital.  

We started out a little slow in 2011.

























We made quite a few more in 2012.

















In 2013 we really outdid ourselves. 


















This year every person who attends the retreat is being challenged to make twelve pillowcases, that's only one a month so should be very doable.  I pulled fabric this week for pillowcases so that will be my goal for February - to make my twelve pillowcases for retreat.

























I think it's a nice variety of fabrics.  Something for everyone from toddler to teen.

I'm linking up with the Goal Setting Party at Fiber of All Sorts for A Lovely Year of Finishes where I am goal #112.





















4 comments:

Happy Turtle said...

How wonderful.
Carol

Dar said...

Oooh, those are some very pretty fabrics for pillowcases. I like how you have recorded all the different years. I'm well over my 12 and still going. It helps my stash report each week. lol

A Nudge said...

Bless you ladies. I'm sure all your efforts are very much appreciated.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I can just imagine all the smiles those fun pillowcase bright! Bet it's fun to collect all the fabric too!! :)