Saturday, March 3, 2018

Scrap Attack 2018 - February Report

February did not go anything like I thought (or hoped) it would.  Between having the flu for 8 days, recovering for several days, and playing catch-up with cleaning and laundry, I didn't get into my sewing room much at all.

My February Scrap Attack goal was to cut up my green stash into useable pieces.  This was a much bigger goal than I had set last month which was to cut up the blue stash, and I didn't have a lot of time to do it.  This is what it looked like before.















As with my blue stash a lot of the pieces actually looked like this .....


















..... so they definitely needed some attention.  Not loving attention.  I didn't really have time for that.  Just your every day run of the mill attention.  It seems like cutting was all I did last month.  You can see in the first photo a lot of the fabrics in the back row were really those between-green-and-blue shades .  When there were only a few days left in the month I tried to convince myself I didn't need to bother with them because they weren't really greens.  I couldn't do it, though.  I had to do what I had to do.

These are the squares, strips, and bricks I ended up with.


















This is what is left of my green stash.  (And those between-green-and-blue shades.)


















At one point I had actually become so tired of cutting that I pulled out a few greens and made some pillowcases.  No. That is not cheating.  That is stash-busting.





















It's time to pull a slip from my handy dandy Christmas gift bag of goals. I'm really hesitant.  The last two were not fun, and I don't know if I can handle cutting up any more scraps. Okay.  Here goes.

Whew!  I am so relieved.  I get to make something out of the Tom and Jerry scraps.  My grandsons used to love watching Tom and Jerry cartoons.   I think the DVDs we bought were just about worn out when they outgrew them. I had bought Tom and Jerry fabric to make pajamas for them, and even cut them out as you can see, but I never got around to making them.  It looks like maybe they were about 1 year old and 6 years old at the time.  Maybe 2 and 7.  So, they outgrew the PJs as well as the DVDs.   (I hate to admit this, but they are 12 and 17 now.)

















I should be able to make a baby quilt or two from this.  Hopefully, this month will go a little more smoothly.   Fingers crossed!





3 comments:

Kaja said...

I hate doing that sort of job, even though my scraps look a lot like yours did. Well done for sticking to it!

Louise said...

Your greens look very nice and tidy now! I hope that feels satisfying to you. And now you get to do something fun for March :)

Mimi said...

You could still make up the PJ bottoms and then donate them. That would probably be quicker; and then it would be out of your stash.