Saturday, August 6, 2022

August Goals and a Stash Report

I'm still so excited about meeting my July goal, that I'm ready to set another somewhat challenging goal for August.  So.  Here we go.

A while back one of my nieces asked me to make a quilt for her daughter-in-law, Cerena, who had loved one of her gramma's quilts so much and for so long that it was completely worn out.  At the same time my friend, Denise, was working on a quilt for her DIL and needed motivation, so we decided to make it a sew-along.  She was using the pattern "Mountain Horizon" by Brittany Lloyd.  Cerena loves all things "The Night Before Christmas", so that was my first fabric choice and coordinating fabrics were soon to follow.













Of course I had to make it my own.  That's the fun part of using patterns!  I made several changes in the main block, combining some of the pieces, because I didn't want to cut up the focus fabric.  That meant creating a new pattern for part of it and making a test block just to be sure.  Can you see what I did?  





Instead of doing curved piecing I just raw-edge applique'd the half circles.  



Getting that first sample block made is always so motivating.
  


My August goal is to have all the blocks finished and get them into a top.  You never know.  I might get even more done than that!

JULY

Fabric Added in July - 15.7 yards
Fabric Used in July - 29.8 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date - 52 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date - 138.9 yards
Net Used in 2022 - 86.9 yards

Days I sewed in July- 28/31
Days I sewed this year - 201/212
Percentage - 95%

Linking up with One Monthly Goal 

No comments: