Thursday, March 5, 2020

A Little Housekeeping - Part 2

If the condition of my ironing board was awful my design wall was almost as bad.  Ever since Hubby helped me make my design wall, about fifteen years ago, I've kept it covered in flannel, and it's always worked great.  Then, for some strange reason I no longer recall, I decided (when I moved into my new sewing room) the flannel needed to be covered with batting.  Who knows? 

That turned out to be not such a great idea.  Blocks refused to stick to it for very long, but stray threads seemed to love staying put and were almost impossible to remove - even with a lint roller!  And it got so saggy that I eventually got frustrated with it and finally decided to tear off all that uncooperative batting.  

Happy surprise!  The flannel underneath was still in good shape! 

























I forgot to take "in the process" pics, but this is what it looks like "after".  Quilt blocks even stick to it.  What a concept, right?    
  



















That turned out to be a big improvement and well worth the housekeeping efforts.  Next up - scraps! 

No comments: