Wednesday, March 4, 2020

A Little Housekeeping - Part 1

I think my winter funk is almost over.  The sun is coming out once in a while, and the days have been a little warmer. I've been sitting in front of my Happy Light every morning for a little boost, so there is hope!

I've managed to get a little housekeeping done in my sewing room, and was it ever needed!  

My ironing board had certainly seen better days.  (That's putting it mildly!)

















Well, to be honest, it wasn't actually ripped, but it didn't take much effort to do that.  And it made for a better photo op, so there's that.  I took the "well worn" muslin off down to the heat resistant layer.....  
















.....and pulled out my bolt of muslin.























Once the new muslin was stretched around the board I got to work with my handy dandy staple gun and tacked it down.







Ahhhhh!  Much better, right?  Kind of makes me want to sew.  Or should I keep it clean?  Nope!






















I'm very happy with my fresh ironing board.  Hmmm, what to do next?

No comments: