Friday, June 24, 2022

A June Progress Report

I've gotten sidetracked by a few things, but my June goal is slowly getting there.  I was nearly finished appliqueing some blue star blocks when I decided to make it my June goal to turn them into a donation quilt.  I started making nine-patches for the alternate blocks, but got tired of that, so I ended up making a second kind, too.   Then somewhere along the way I realized I was using two different shades of gray.  It's a scrappy quilt, though, right? 

The blocks look good together .....

..... and I was able to pull the perfect backing fabric from my stash.  It's the same fabric I used for the background in Natalie's quilt - "Essentials" by Wilmington Prints.

 That project is set aside for now.  My daughter-in-law asked me to make a quilt for her friend's twin grand-daughters.  I was pretty excited to be asked to make such a special quilt, and maybe a little excited to buy something new and fun to work with.  I found this collection called "Seashore Drive" by Sherri & Chelsi for Moda Fabrics.  It was hard to pick out only ten of them.  I fell in love with all the prints in the line.

It's even prettier when you add some Kona White.

I can't get away from those Half Square Triangles, can I?

But, just wait until you see what I'm doing with them!

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your scrappy blues and greens in the stars and 9 patches! That's going to be a pretty quilt!

Patti A. said...

I for one can't wait to see it. I love half-square triangles!