Monday, June 29, 2009

And Speaking of Retreat.......

Meet my dear friend, Rosemary. She's so much fun and I love her to pieces! She's really a talented quilter, and I'm so glad I get to see her a couple of times a year. You have to love the internet. How else would I have ever met this cute little gal from Arkansas?

Last year at Retreat, poor Eve (I love her to pieces, too!) fought her camera the entire week. The battery compartment was kept shut through the very classy use of duct tape, and a quite lovely rubberband kept the whole thing from completely falling apart. All 40+ retreaters signed a petition which we mailed to her hubby requesting a new camera, and I just had to take her picture with it. Ahhhhhh, sweet victory!
And this is my adorable roommate, Faye. We met online about seven years ago and keep in touch that way. Chat, emails, message boards. We have so much in common we sometimes wonder if we are really twins-separated-at-birth! (Alright, alright -- I love you, too, Faye!)

Faye loves animal prints so when I saw the Jean Ann Wright kit for this quilt I had to make it for her. I love the pink and green zebra prints! I call it "Faye's Safari." My friend Angela (QuiltedJoy.com) quilted it for me and did a beautiful job, as always!!

I wish I could post pics of ALL the gals I get to visit with at this Retreat. Each one is special to me in her own way, and we always have a great time when we get together. I'm so grateful for each and every one of them and can hardly wait to see them again next time!


4 comments:

Mimi said...

My....I'm looking photogenic lately! LOL. Can't tell you how much I love us all, too. Hey, I think I see zebra butts. We'll have to talk to Joann about that one.

Sandy Panagos said...

I think you're right! I didn't notice those before. Oh well -- it's in your house now!

gracie said...

I love those faces!!!

xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Love that Safari quilt!