Monday, February 14, 2022

A Quilting Life Block of the Month (Jan's Quilt)

If you need more projects to work on or you're looking for a quilty podcast to listen to, check out Sherri's blog, A Quilting Life.  Just after the Covid isolation began my quilty friend Denise used that blog to entice me into doing a Mystery Block of the Month as a sew-along with her.  It turns out this Mystery BOM is an annual thing.  Now she's talked me and three other neighbors into making the 2022 mystery quilt.  More about that later.  

The 2020 quilt was designed using all half-square-triangles.  I decided to use bright batiks ..... 












..... with Kona white for the background .....







..... and a nice black and white stripe to give it some interest and make it my own.  I took the blogger's advice and made up all the HSTs I would need for the year.  


I decided to use the option to make eight inch blocks so I could set them on point and have a throw sized quilt instead of a full.

Putting one striped HST in each block was a good decision.  It's such a fun look.


After I finished putting the top together I felt like it needed a border.  I think the border really made the quilt, and to top it all off the quilting by my friend Shirley Jackson was gorgeous.  As always.


A green binding to match the cornerstones really made for a nice finish.


I sent this one to my sister-in-law Jan.  I hadn't made a quilt for her since her wedding.  Don't ask me how long ago that was!



This quilt is one of my favorites.  It's funny.  All the quilts I make are my favorites!

Linking up with So Scrappy.

No comments: