Thursday, February 17, 2022

"Chain Link" - Noah's Quilt

Last winter I participated in another sew-along with my online quilty friends.  This time we used the "Chain Link" pattern by Generations Quilt patterns.   You can find a free tutorial here.  

I pulled a bright green and a bright yellow from my stash and a dark gray for the background.



I cut out the whole quilt, but after I made just one block I realized I did not like that gray.   Back to the stash!

I found just the right thing.  Dark green on an even darker green.  Perfect!


This quilt was for our grandson, Noah.  It was a "Happy Graduation from Trade School" present.  We are so very proud of him.  I would go so far as to say he is probably the best welder in the world!  Well, I am a proud Gramma, after all. 

I barely took any pics of the process, but photos of the finished quilt are better anyway.


Oops.  Ignore the red ribbon in that photo.  The hummingbird swing got in the way  Too bad it wasn't occupied!

Of course, the very best photos are the ones with Noah in them!



He loves the quilt, and we love him, and you gotta love that smile!

No comments: