Tuesday, February 1, 2022

February's "One Monthly Goal" and Stash/Sewing Reports

It's time to set my OMG for February.  What I'm going to work on is actually a UFO, something I started last summer.  I only have three more nieces to make new quilts for, and this is one of them.  "Lazy Eyes" is a pattern in "Strip Therapy 2" by Brenda Henning.   I finished one block just to see what it will look like in batiks .....


 











..... and the rest of the 143 blocks are partially made.









The goal is to have the top completed by the end of this (short!) month.  I'm determined to do it.

2022 is also the year I'm going to do some serious stash busting.  The last time I did that (in 2015) I used about 150 yards net.  Matching that will be quite a challenge, especially considering that January's stash report is, well... not so great.

January
Fabric Added in January - 10.9 yards
Fabric Used in January -  13.5 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date - 10.9 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date - 13.5 yards
Net used in 2022 - 2.6 yards

After all the isolation of the last two years getting to shop for fabric in a real quilt shop did me in!  It could be worse, though, for sure.

Another of my goals for this year is to sew every day.  So far so good.

January
Days I sewed in January - 31/31
Days I sewed this year - 31/31
Percentage - 100%

So I'm looking forward to a fantastic February.  I'll keep you posted!

Linking up with One Monthly Goal

No comments: