Monday, February 28, 2022

February OMG and RSC-Aqua/Teal Goals Met!

Was February even shorter than usual this year?  I think it was.  It went by really fast!  Even so it was a good month, quilting-wise.  

First of all, I accomplished my OMG (One Monthly Goal) hosted by Elm Street Quilts.  And then some!  My goal was to finish piecing the "Lazy Eyes" quilt top.  It was a LOT of boring piecing .....










..... sewing the same seams over and over (and over) again.



 








I wasn't sure I was in love with it once the blocks were up on the design wall.  Is it me, or does it look like it's covered with Post-It notes?  Oh well, quilting designs cover a multitude of sins .....













..... and it's a finished top, which was the goal.  I even made the binding .....









..... and sent it off to my quilter.   AND I did all that by the 19th!  Not to brag or anything.  Alright, I kind of am.

The RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) color for February was aqua/teal.  I threw some turquoises into the mix. Aqua is a shade of blue, and turquoise is a shade of green, and as everyone knows teal is green, so.... there's that.  (Insert grin here!  What's blue and what's green is an ongoing argument at my house.)  I got my Windmill and Sawtooth Stars made and cut up some of my aqua/turquoise/teal scraps.  ( I will not give up on that teal being green thing.)











Meeting goals is one of my favorite things to do.  What to do for March?  I'll let you know soon.

Linking up with "RSC-2022" , "One Monthly Goal" , and Oh Scrap!

No comments: