Monday, March 28, 2022

March OMG and RSC-Yellow/Gold Goals Met!

Can I say that March has been a complete bust if there are still a few days left in the month?  Considering what I have left to do it's pretty clear I'm not going to meet my OMG (One Monthly Goal).  Sigh......

The quilt I cut out for Natalie, then put in time out, then decided to make for my March OMG is, umm, not working out so far.  I made 436 of these .....


..... and laid them out in stacks by color ..... 

..... so I could come up with a balanced design.

I tried multiple layouts.  I hated them ALL!  It seems not every pattern works when you try to make it scrappy.  Definitely not the "Doubletime Duet" pattern.

Now I'm in the process of cutting all the strips in half and sewing them together so I end up with 436 of these -










I only have about 400 left to make.  I'm fairly certain I won't be finished by the 31st.  

The good news is I have my yellow/gold blocks for March's Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC2022) finished.  I even found more of the Paddington Bear fabric on Etsy, so I'll have enough to finish all the Star blocks!












Did you notice that I have a new cutting board?   The perfect purchase when you have a 60% off coupon from JoAnn's.  Also the perfect purchase when your old cutting board looks like this -



I think I got my money's worth from that one!

Linking up with "One Monthly Goal!", RSC-2022, and "Oh Scrap!"

No comments: