Sunday, April 3, 2022

A Finish, Some Donation Projects, and a Stash Report

A lot has been going on lately in this sewing room of mine.  After spending two solid days of spring cleaning I spent some quality time in there last week.  

First, my "Lazy Eyes" quilt came back from my quilter (the fabulous Shirley Jackson), and I got the binding on it.  It was nice to finally check off something from my UFO list.  I love how it turned out, but I need to rename it.  I'm still thinking about that.   It might be inspired by the Post-It Note look!





 




I didn't realize how grainy the photos are until I had already shipped it, but I'm pretty in love with this quilt, so I'm going to overlook the blurry pics.  The most important thing is that my niece loves it.   Removing something from the UFO list isn't bad either!

I got five pillowcases made for the North Alabama Foster Closet, keeping up with my goal of making five each month this year.  










Then I decided to use up some fat quarters that were gifted to me a few years ago.  I added a teal print and a light aqua solid from my stash .....










..... and used a pattern designed by a friend.  Fun quilt, right?













It needs to be backed, quilted, and bound.   That should get done soon.  I am not going to let it end up on the UFO list!

With all this work I thought I would have a better stash report for March, but I knew I'd better buy the backing now for a Christmas Block of the Month I'm working on while matching fabric is still available.

MARCH
Fabric Added in March - 7 yards
Fabric Used in March - 11.7 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date - 21.3
Fabric Used Year to Date - 60.3
Net used in 2022 - 39 yards

Days I sewed in March - 30/31
Days I sewed this year - 89/90
Percentage - 99%

Can't wait to see what April brings!

Linking up with TGIFF!

1 comment:

piecefulwendy said...

Nothing is more satisfying than checking off a UFO as done! Great finish for you and I'm sure your niece will enjoy it for years to come. The other quilt design is very cool, too! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!